Batchelor Dentistry's Community Involvement
At Batchelor Dentistry, we believe in providing “Special Care for Every Smile.” We say this because we believe every mouth is different and requires a personalized touch for the healthiest smile. Just as importantly, it’s something we say because we believe everybody, no matter their income, deserves a healthy mouth.
We try to engage with the community here in Harrisonburg as much as possible. We want to help in the way we know best – providing excellent dental care.
Caitlin Batchelor Dentistry Volunteer Work
The Harrisonburg Rockingham Free Clinic
The Harrisonburg Rockingham Free Clinic focuses on helping low-income patients in the Harrisonburg area with a variety of health services. They assist uninsured patients with ongoing health issues who have an income under 200% of the federal poverty line. In 2016, the clinic served 1064 individuals.
Services performed include:
- Oral Health
- Complex health issues
- Pharmacy services
- Specialty services, including:
- Ear, nose, and throat
- Behavioral health counseling
- Patient education
- Nutrition counseling
On a voluntary basis, I perform dental extractions to patients in need. They are referred to our office from the clinic directly. I also serve on the board of directors of the clinic, another position I am proud to hold.
Along with myself, a number of prominent and respected medical professionals from across the community serve at The Free Clinic.
Our work with the Free Clinic is very meaningful to me personally. As a dentist who wishes to serve all members of our community here in Harrisonburg, I am proud that our dentistry and staff can be part of such a wonderful program in our city.
Mission of Mercy
The Mission of Mercy put on through the Virginia Dental Association Foundation, aims to bring dental care to regions in Virginia where it is more difficult to receive reliable treatment. The Mission of Mercy program served over 4,000 patients last year in Virginia.
The mission identifies underserved areas in Virginia where it is more difficult to find and receive dental care. Mobile clinics are dispatched to strategic locations so these communities can be served.
Mission of Mercy Projects
- Free transportation is arranged through community partnerships to bring patients in need to and from the clinic.
- Patients are served on a first come, first serve basis and can register for services on site.
- Patients are treated for a range of dental issues. If emergency follow-up care is needed, they are referred to a local dentist who has agreed to take in Mission of Mercy patients in such cases.
The program is supported by volunteer dentists and hygienists. A number of the team members at Batchelor Dentistry work with Mission of Mercy. As a practice, we are proud to contribute not just to our immediate community here in Harrisonburg, but also to the state at large.
Consult the Mission of Mercy website to find an upcoming project near you.
Dentistry from the Heart
Dentistry from the Heart is an oral health centered non-profit organization focused on providing free dentistry for those in need. Events take place in communities across the world, with local dentists, hygienists, and volunteers all coming together to help the less fortunate in their local communities.
Multiple members of the Bachelor dentistry team work with Dentistry from the Heart. We volunteer at events put on in the Harrisonburg area in whatever capacity we can.
Review the Dentistry from the Heart events calendar to find the next event in Harrisonburg or in other communities in Virginia.
Valley AIDS Network
The Valley AIDS Network provides medical and social support services for individuals with HIV and AIDS. The network aims to provide fast, efficient testing services, comprehensive health education, and holistic support to individuals affected by HIV/AIDS in the Harrisonburg area.
To receive support from the Valley AIDS Network, an individual needs to:
- Live in the service area
- Be diagnosed with HIV
- Have an income lower than 400% of the poverty line
Batchelor Dentistry provides discounted dentistry services to clients of the Valley AIDS Network. We believe helping this community is a key part of our mission, and I am proud to offer this discount to their clients.
In addition to the wonderful volunteer work we do at Caitlin Batchelor Dentistry, we also provide sponsorships and donations to a variety of local causes we believe in. Including:
- Dayton Muddler - An adventure course event benefiting the Boulder Crest Retreat. The retreat is a wellness center dedicated to improving the physical, emotional, spiritual, and economic well-being of our nation's combat veterans. The center has a particular focus on post-traumatic rehabilitation.
- Shenandoah Valley Bach Festival - A festival promoting the appreciation of Bach's music in Harrisonburg.
- Collin's Center - an organization striving to eliminate sexual violence in the community, providing support for victims.
- Local Little League Teams
Oral Care by Members of Your Community
In search of a new dentist and want an office that is involved in the Harrisonburg, VA community? Contact us or give us a call at (540) 432-9992 for your next dental appointment!